
I just have to write this and shout out to the world. I bought Daerik an Elmo potty seat because he has been showing interest in going on his own and hates it when we put on his diapers. It is the end of the world anytime we even mention changing his diaper. So, I finally bought this. They say not to try potty training before 18 months and even now I wasn't even thinking of this at all, but if shows interest I might as well get him used to it so in a few years....Anyway, I brought it home today and he has been sitting on it all day as a chair. He knows what it is but just loves sitting on it. Elmo even talks to you and tells you how wonderful you are and such a big boy. Anyway, I finally relented and took off his diaper so he could sit on it. What happened??? He USED it!! I have no idea if this is just a novelty and will keep up or not (though I would love for him to be potty trained I am in no hurry or want to force him) but I will definitely keep it out for him to use. It makes me sad to see him doing things like this and realizing that he is not so small anymore.







5 comments:
Yay for growing up! And I must say - that Elmo potty chair rocks :)
Aww, little Daerik! I can't believe that he used the potty. But you have to admit the Elmo potty is just too cute. I can't wait to see everyone tomorrow.
Hey--if he's ready, go for it! And I'm serious, you need to get this book: "Toilet Training in Less than a Day." It's awesome.
That's how we start with Brooklyn when she was 18 months old. She was showing intrest and hated dipers. She goes in the potty several times a day, but I've just recently gotten serious about it. Good luck!
Good luck! Don't let anyone tell you when your kid is ready or not ready. He'll let you know, without a doubt!
Post a Comment