Wednesday, February 4, 2009

It's amazing what you'll eat when you're hungry




Well, I thought I'd update you all on Daerik's eating habits. I tried out many different things and nothing worked. I finally decided that I'd give one more thing a try. I put food in front of Daerik and if he didn't eat it he didn't eat. I was kind of worried that he wouldn't be getting the nutrients he needed, but then again he wasn't getting any before. Thanks to a friends advice (thanks Reagan) I even didn't offer his much loved oatmeal. This morning we had waffles and eggs. He ate it. He had a banana for a snack, yogurt, apples, quesadilla, etc. for lunch and ate it all. He even wanted more!! WOW! I don't think every meal is going to be wonderful yet, but today we made progress, and tonight he is not going to bed hungry. He ate more today than he has eaten in months. Thank you, everyone, for your advice. It was all great and much appreciated. I'll let you know how he is in another week.

As for the treat that I promised for whatever method worked, Reagan, you will have to tell me what you like best. I was serious about that. Just don't ask me for chocolate chip cookies. Those are the only thing I can't quite get just right. I love baking and would love whatever excuse to use my oven to heat my house instead of my heating bill.

5 comments:

American Falls TaVaci said...

Yay!! I'm so happy things are looking better.

Jonathan and Michelle said...

I am so happy that he started eating! Hopefully those days are all behind you now!

Teacher Teacher! said...

Yay! He's a Varney, don't worry. Once he finally realizes that food is yummy he's going to eat you out of house and home. I can't wait to see everyone soon!

Katie C said...

I'm so glad that he finally came around. What a good boy.

Reggs said...

YEEEEAAHHH!!! I am so pleased. I was worried I was giving out bum advice and the CPS would show up to my house because I was telling people to starve their kids. :P

Tell me when you are free and we'll almorzar together! Muuuuah!