Monday, February 9, 2009

Picture of the Day 2

"The Playful Should-be-sleeping Toddler"



Today warrants two pictures. Daerik decided to get up earlier than the roosters crow (at least a normal one. The one by our house crows every two hours) at the wonderful hour of 4:30 am. He was wide awake. I tried everything in my power to put him back to bed but how do you make a toddler who is awake sleep? I finally brought him into my room because I was soooo tired and wanted to sleep. He never sleeps with us (we've tried, he just doesn't) so I was worried. He laid down for about 30 minutes and then was up and awake again, so we got up to let Josh sleep. The above picture is of him playing in the bed.

The one below is of us together. Notice the bags under my eyes and the glazed over look. This will take days to catch up on. He is one silly little monkey. Hopefully he'll go to bed at 4:30 pm today, or at least take a 6 hour nap.?.? =) This one is titled:

"One Sleepy Mommy"

2 comments:

janae said...

Oh man, that stinks!! I can't even imagine. (Okay, so I'll admit that when I moved the kids to toddler beds I locked the door so they never knew they could come out of the room. Now we don't lock it - because they know how to unlock it - but they know not to come out until we get them.) Anyway, I sooooo feel bad for you! Hopefully he does go to bed early ... but then sleeps to his normal hour.

ps. ooooh, I hated that rooster. We'd hear him way over at our house, too. Ugh!

Reggs said...

Dang, girl. I wish I looked that hot at 4:30 in the morning.