
Last Saturday, the 21st, all the ladies who had birthdays in our neighborhood in February got together and had some dinner, cake, and played games to celebrate. It was really nice. The one thing that I cannot forget is the end. We each got a cupcake and a balloon. The balloon was quickly confiscated by my son the next day. Now, usually within 1-2 days balloons start drooping and are thrown away because it is of no use anymore. Well, Sunday comes and goes and it is still like new. Monday comes and goes. Tuesday, Wednesday come and go. This balloon looks like it was just blown up the same day. Thursday we left for a trip to Colorado to see Josh's brother's wedding. We thought it would be a nice distraction for Daerik in the airport and took it along with us. By this time we were amazed the balloon had not shrunk at all or lost any of its air. It made it through Thursday and into the planes hold and back again on Daerik's stroller. Friday came and went, and the balloon was being called the "Miracle Balloon". Saturday came and went and Sunday we came home. Daerik was playing with the balloon in the car and stuffing it between his legs and squeazing it and hitting it, etc. This balloon seriously had a desire to live. I finally took a picture of it in the airport. By now it is at least eight days old and has not lost any of its air. We wanted to keep it to see how long this miracle balloon would last so we kept it on the stroller to bring it home. Sadly, it didn't make it back to us. I don't know if the string was cut by accident or someone didn't understand the value of this miracle balloon and cut it off themselves to not have to deal with it in the hold, but it was gone. We will never know how long it will last, but it was the longest lasting balloon I have ever seen. We will always remember it with fondness.
Now, you may wonder why I have dedicated one whole post to a silly balloon. My life is boring, that is why. And we have to share all miracles when they happen because many people believe they have ended. Well, this balloon is proof they have not. My only question is, Where did you get that balloon?







3 comments:
If I'm not mistaken Janell got the balloons at Maceys. Those balloon really are super balloons. I can tell you how long they last. See, we got a bunch for my father-in-law's birthday (which is Christmas Eve) a couple years ago (when we lived in SF). They kept their helium for 3-4 weeks, but never shrunk down. Come Valentines only ONE had lost its air, the rest were still going strong. By St. Patrick's Day, most of them were history. Seriously, they are amazing balloons!
I agree. We have a princess balloon that is mylar but still...it's lasted now for over a month. I love your miracle balloon. It gives me hope for a brighter,more spring-like day soon! :)
Our balloon is also still going strong!
Post a Comment