Thursday, October 30, 2008

Loving to sew

I have been trying to think of something to get for my youngest sisters little girls, age 6 and 4. When nothing came to mind I decided to make them something for Christmas, since I am in the sewing mood. The oldest's favorite color is dark red and I found the perfect fabric to make her a scarf. It reminds me of Elmo. The younger's favorite color is hot pink. Now, I had the hardest time to find hot pink stuff to make a cool scarf that would even compare with the other (you know kids, they have to have the same thing), so I decided to make a purse instead with hot pink lining. It even has a little pocket inside and a little flap to close it. I am so proud, if I can say so, so I'm posting a picture up of them. I know being proud is bad, but I can just see my little nieces with these. I hope they like them.


3 comments:

Jessica said...

Those are way cute, I bet they'll love them!

Amy Lou said...

They turned out great! You are so very talented.

The Valentine Fam said...

Hey...
I just saw your blog off someone elses... (what else is there to do at 6 in the morning but blog surf!) :) I love the purse, and scarf. Very creative. I love to sew, but don't get to do it very often... too many little hands wanting to help!

Katie