Saturday, August 9, 2008
Sick
Daerik had his first time of being really sick this week. It just happened to be the lucky week that his Aunt Leah came to visit. He started not eating on Sunday and slowly ate less. By Monday, he wasn't letting anything in his mouth, and by Tuesday/Wednesday, wasn't drinking anything either. He was also having a hard time with his diapers, if you know what I mean. These things even made me cringe, and that is saying a lot. He was not moving much, always wanted to sit in my lap (doesn't happen much, he is usually all over the place) and walking like he was drunk (probably due to no nutrition in his system) Well, Thursday morning he finally drank some milk and not 5 minutes later, like a gyser, it came shooting out. Luckily I was not on the carpet, so what didn't land on me spilled onto the lanoleum. I took him to the doctors because they were worried about dehydration, which he ended up having a little, on top of losing at least 2 pounds (he lost all the weight he has gained in two months plus 6 oz. in 5 days). As you who know him, my little guy doesn't have weight to lose, he is tall and skinny as a pole. Well, he didn't even take anything at all until this morning. Luckily he is drinking a little, but he is still not eating, and he still has his messy diapers. Hopefully he'll be back to normal soon, it is not fun to see your little one suffer. Needless to say, it hasn't been a very good week and we both are exhausted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







4 comments:
I hope he feels better. It's so sad to watch them suffer so.
I hope that he starts feeling better soon. It is the worst when there is nothing you can do for them. We missed him at the party, thank you so much for thinking of Alexis though, she loved the game & Playdoh.
frowny face. sometimes it is harder on the parents, huh? did they ever figure out what he had?
Oh poor Daerik. I am so sorry he has been so sick. We are thinking of you and please call if you need anything at all!!!
Post a Comment