Daerik finally said his first word. Even though I have been hesitant to accept it, I finally have to. Yesterday morning we were downstairs and heard Josh walking around getting ready for work upstairs and Daerik pointed upstairs and in a questioning voice said, "Da?" I said yes. Shortly after Josh came down the stairs. Daerik ran to the bottom and looked up at Josh and yelled, "Dada!" Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful he said his first word, but I was r-e-a-l-l-y hoping it would be my name. Selfish, I know. Oh well. What else would you expect if he is with me all day every day? All kidding aside, we are very happy he is finally saying things, well, one thing we can understand. Most of the time it is just good guessing. We look forward to when he says more, especially Momma!

This is how I look sometimes when he is clearly saying something intelligent in his mind but I have no idea what it means. He has the face down great. You can see the remnant of his first black eye from his run in with the stroller.

Daerik loves helping me put the groceries away. Most of the time it just gets taken back out and thrown all over the floor. He is so cute.
4 comments:
It seems that it's always that way. Daddy wins! Can he open the fridge door by himself yet? Wait for that first!
Yea, his first word! I have decided that from a very young age they know their mom's inside and out and they do things just to push our buttons!
When he learns to open the fridge door himself let me know. We went through a few fridge locks before we found one that we love!
Yay, Daerick!! And don't worry - I'm sure "mommy" is right around the corner!
You served in Chile?? I'm not sure I knew that! Jeff served in Chile too - the Santiago South mission! We'd love to go back and visit someday. Maybe we can make a big trip out of it with you guys! :)
Post a Comment