Monday, August 25, 2008

Future baseball star



Daerik loves baseball. I bought him this cheap baseball and bat the other day from KMart and he barely puts it down. He'll pick them up and bring them to me to play. His way of playing is standing in front of me and holding up the bat. When I say, "are you ready?" he'll pick up the bat from the floor and I'll throw the ball to hit the bat and scream and clap because, of course, he got a home run. He just laughs and does it again, over and over. It is so cute. So, I guess we'll see where that goes. He already has a signed autograph from Dale Murphy, the MVP in 82 and 83 with the Atlanta Braves. I always wonder what sport to put him in when he gets older, I guess that is already answered now.

7 comments:

janae said...

So cute!! I think we have soccer kids. Seara has the legs for it (super buff) and Elijah has already mastered the kick-a-moving-ball-while-running talent (that I can't even manage to do!)

Reggs said...

How cute is that? He brings the stuff TO YOU! I can't wait to come see him in little league. :)

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

I love it! He can come out and play with the older boys anytime.

Jonathan and Michelle said...

He is such a cutie! He was carrying around the bat this afternoon at Amy's too!

Jessica said...

Baseball is the best. George is on his way to becoming a major leaguer too!

American Falls TaVaci said...

Ah! His darling little face makes me excited for another boy :)

JessiLeigh said...

My uncle taught one of my young cousins to say "hey batter batter" which ended up being "heybababa" and he said it before EVERY pitch. he thought it was a necessary part of the game! daerick's a cutie, and im sure he'll wear you out fast with a new toy like that! we miss you guys and hope everything is great for you!!