Sunday, May 9, 2010

Daerikism's

Well, it has been a while, hasn't it? It's been a nice little break and I have wondered many times if I should even come back. But then I remembered that since I started this blog my journal writing for me and Daerik has waned greatly. Plus, I've had several people nudge me to post again. I guess in my laziness I forgot that this is a way that many of our family members and friends keep up to date with how our life is going. So, without much ado I will start out with some of Daerik's silliness. Here are some of the funny things he says that makes me smile.

1. Daerik-"Shhh, be quiet. The monster is sleeping on the couch."

2. At the dinner table, "I want more eyeballs."
Me- "What?"
Daerik- "I want more eyeballs."
Finally, after several minutes of wondering I asked him if they were the sausages we were eating. "Yes." Little did I know sliced sausages looked like eyeballs. Or maybe he knows something I don't. What are those things really made of anyway?

3. "Mom, you can't do this because you are getting older."

4. "You can't put on my jacket (or buckle him into his car seat). It's Daddy's turn."

5. "I'm getting older now. I get some gum."
Me- "no"

6. And the best and most random so far- "Mommy, you have people's in your belly."
Me- wide eyed and scared, "What? Do you know something I don't know? How many peoples?"
Daerik- "Two."
Me- Freaking out by this time. Twins runs crazy in our family and I think sometimes children are closer to Heaven than we are and know some things sometimes. I wait so he can continue.
Daerik- "Three...Four." My fear leaves as quickly as it came. I am definitely not pregnant, just so you know.

We made Daerik some weights out of toilet paper rolls and rice so he could lift weights with us. he found another use for them and an Easter egg.




This is Daerik all day. I am tired by 9:00 am. On a side note, I just watched this video and have absolutely no idea what that conversation in the background is about.




Daerik was having a bad day. So were we.


Daerik loves boxes.

Daerik lost his Lightning McQueen several months ago. He loves Lightning McQueen. He begged me every day for him. I had no idea where he was. we couldn't find him in the car or any of the times that we cleaned. I figured Daerik just brought him somewhere with him and left him. Finally, after several months of getting tired of listening to his begging for his Lightening McQueen, I purchased another one. A week later we found it. We would have never found it had we not been moving a dresser which had a VCR in it. We cleaned out the VCR from the dresser (that's where we stored it) and heard some rattling. Josh opened it to find it stuffed with cotton batting. And what did we find behind that cotton batting? What do you see?

Let's see, I see the following:
Cotton batting
Two construction barrels
the back of a construction truck
a rock
a cow
a dinosaur
a finger puzzle
three cars, including Lightening McQueen

Well, Daerik is certainly enjoying his two Lightening McQueen's now.

Let me just leave you with one of Daerik's popular faces:
We love him. He brings so much joy, learning, growth, happiness, frustration, and love to our family. We can't believe he is getting so big and so fast. I wish we could somehow stop the growing and keep him this way forever, but I know that each phase will come with it's own frustrations, growth, learning, and happiness. And I enjoy each day.

3 comments:

Coralee said...

Love it! I can relate to the funny, quirky, and the "not-having-a-good-day" moments! Thanks for posting again - fun to keep "in touch". Maybe I'll get around to updating my own blog now! :)

Leah said...

I'm glad your back! I love seeing/hearing about the escpades of Daerik. We need to Skype soon!

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog!