Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Baby Dress

My younger sister is having her first baby next month and I thought I'd be a little daring and try something I've never done before. I've made clothes, but never these, nor so small, but I wanted to do something special. Let me say something about baby clothes, they are a lot smaller than other clothes, and that means a lot harder to do. You wouldn't normally think that, but it is true. Everything is smaller and tighter and has to fit into a big machine and needs to be just right, etc. It was harder than I thought and took a lot more time, but it was so worth it. I think it turned out great. I hope it fits and she likes it. I do.


I made the hat the week before for my neighbor with a matching onesie. I think it turned out cute too.

You can't really see it, but the fabric is green with brown flowers on it. It is darling.

I love sewing these little things. I think of new things every day and see new and cute things all the time and my list of things to sew just keeps getting longer, but I really don't have an excuse to do them. Man, I need to have a girl. You can't dress up a boy in cute things like this.

No comments: