Thursday, May 27, 2010

My Sweet, Sweet Boy



I have been going exercising every morning this week before my house wakes up. When I get home Josh and Daerik are usually up eating breakfast, or playing. This morning I walked into my house and Daerik came up to me and starts the most beautiful dialogue that made me want to cry. It went something like this:

"Mommy, I missed you and you were gone when I got up and I was sad because I need you and miss you and you are supposed to be here for me and I cried to daddy and you miss me...."

It went on and on. He did this with hand movements and his sad eyes, a tear still in the curve of his eye, looking straight into mine. When I told him I missed him too, he held out his hand and touched my chin to rub it as he said, "Ohhh, you missed me to?" I held out my arms and he walked straight into them and gave me a long and tight hug.

How can one be gone again from such a sweet little boy when he wakes up, because, apparently, I need to be there when he does? I guess I'll just have to wake up earlier.

Doesn't this just make up for all the bad days when he is throwing a non-stop tantrum, biting a chunk of skin out of my belly because that is all he can reach when he is mad, hitting, not eating, destroying the house, etc. All of it just melts away and suddenly I see the halo around him and am reminded of who he is and how blessed I am to be able to have this sweet spirit in my home.

No comments: