Monday, February 8, 2010

Almost 30


Well, it's almost here. This Sunday I will turn the big 30. Most people dread this, but for me...well...though it is kind of a scary thing, I am not really too upset about it. After all it is only a few years older than 25 and 25 is only a few years older than 21 (not that I'd want to be 21 again anyway). So, really, 30 isn't that old. Anyway, thinking about how old people are living these days I still have twice my age to live, so that means I am still a youngin'.

I've been thinking about my life the past little while and what I have done and I feel I have accomplished quite a little (not a lot, but not just a little either). Here are some of the things that I have been meditating about that I have accomplished in the last 30 years of my life (well, mainly the last 12):

1. Left home at 18
2. Went on a mission
3. Learned a new language
4. Went to college
5. Graduated college...with no debt...and having paid every last penny of that on my own (except for a $200 scholarship)
6. Got married in the Temple
7. Started several fun businesses
8. Grew in my belly, for 9 1/2 months, the cutest (and most ornery) boy ever
9. Illustrated a children's book
10. Gained friends, lost friends
11. Learned a lot and lost some brain cells
12. Made a lot of the clothes I wear
13. Bought a house
14. Grew some white hair, although not as much as Josh
15. Still read young adult novels
16. Still daydream
17. Started writing a book
18. I am still afraid of the dark
19. I still love playing in the rain

I'm sure there are other things that I have accomplished, but since I've lost a few more brain cells (#11) than I'd like to fess up to I probably won't remember those until way after this is posted. So you'll just have to wonder. Anyway, the reason for this post, I guess, is to say that I am turning 30 on Sunday, and I am not afraid, not in the least bit, no, not an ounce.

4 comments:

Amy Lou said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Reggs said...

I hope that I'm not a lost friend!! I want you to know that I REMEMBERED YOU ON YOUR BIRTHDAY! I really, really did. I hope you enjoy 30 as much as I am enjoying it!
Here's to another trip around the sun, darling. You're amazing! and Happy Birthday!!

Katie C said...

That's a great list. Happy Birthday!

StephenEmily Stacey said...

So Rebecca, I think we're all looking forward to a new blog post:) It's been a while.