Friday, November 6, 2009

Seven Months in the Making



I LOVE art! I love drawing, especially charcoal. I have always loved creating different pieces and putting real life to paper. Something I have had a desire to do my whole life is to get published. A dream that doesn't really seem possible to me. Only really good people and people I don't know get published, right? Well, about seven months ago I was approached from someone to illustrate a childrens book. I accepted, of course. But, there was a catch, it needed to be in color. Remember when I said I love charcoal? Well, that is what I am best at. But childrens books are better in color. I needed to learn a whole new area of art. I chose watercolor, not the easiest, right? Well, I always seem to choose the hardest thing to do, but I did it. It is the first time I've done something like this, and it is not my best by any means, but I did it and they love it. So, I guess what I am taking a novel to say is that I illustrated a childrens book!! And it will be published!!! Wow, it just seems so surreal. I'm still not celebrating until I see it on the book stands, but a girl can be a little excited, right? I can't show any pictures because they are no longer mine, so I guess if you want to see them you'll just have to purchase the book, won't you. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Rebecca I am so glad you finished it. I can't wait to see it!