Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Running

So, the end of last week was almost impossible to go running. I figured I could just go running several times on Saturday to catch up. Well, it didn't happen again. Someone volunteered me to do something just when I was going to run, which was fine, because I was able to help out, but I wasn't able to run. Soooo, Monday rolls around and I am way behind. Last week I was ahead and now am behind. So what did I do yesterday? I go and run enough to double what I have already run. I ran 12 miles yesterday. Not smart. I didn't sleep at all last night because my calves hurt so badly, and when I did sleep but moved, it woke me up because my mind was afraid of charlie horses. Ugh. Well, I certainly learned a lesson. Don't get behind, no matter what.

Just had a minor disaster. Daerik was playing with the measuring tape and it hurt him. He brought me his hand to kiss it because it hurt. Then he went to get ice from the freezer. Anything and everything needs ice. It is really kinda cute. Well, he brought the ice pack, which is no more than frozen rice in fabric, and it had dark spots on it. I was wondering to myself, "hmmm, I wonder what got on it?" And then I saw Daerik's finger. It must have taken a while to bleed because nothing was there when he showed me the first time, I just thought it was a little scratch. Well, not so. I brought him into the bathroom to put in the sink and by the time I left to get a band aide and Hydrogen Peroxide to clean it out it was running down his arm and filling the sink. Apparently, he slit his finger from one side and it twisted down to the other getting deeper the farther it went. He is so strong, though. He didn't cry at all when I put the hydrogen peroxide on it. I am always a wimp when I do it...

Oh my goodness. I feel like a terrible mother. I need to go help Daerik again. He's not having a very good day.

No comments: