
This month for book of the month we are reading "Ultra Marathon Man". Wow. You've got to read it. I can't even begin to fathom how and why anyone would put their bodies and minds through what this guy has done. One of the races that this man runs is the Western States Endurance Run, where they run for 100 miles up and down mountains, through rivers and snow, in the Rocky Mountains in less than 24 hours. This isn't even the worst that he does, I just haven't made it that far in the book yet. Last night as I was reading about his ordeal running this 100 miles I was somewhat inspired. Now, I know that my body that has not run more than 5.5 miles in one time since High School could never do something like that. I could never run 100 miles in 24 hours, but why not 100 miles in 24 days? Now, to some people that is rather easy, but to me who has not run more than 20 miles in 15 years combined, it will be quite a challenge for me. So, 24 days from now will be the 5th of December if I don't count Sundays. That is almost 5 miles a day, six days a week. Oh, now that it is written down it sounds kinda daunting, but now that it is written down I have to do it. Wish me luck.







3 comments:
Wow, that is a great goal. I just finished the book, very interesting! Good luck!
The book totally inspired me to run too! I enjoyed it! Good luck with your goal, I want the complete update when we discuss this book next month!
I love that you enjoyed the book. It is a very interesting read. I wasn't too sure about choosing it. I am not a runner either, so good luck with your self-challenge! I'm sure that you can do it!
Post a Comment