Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fire Engine Red



We have crayons, pencils, markers, paint, pens, really whatever leaves a mark, on all surfaces of any desk, table, chair, couch, whatever accepts color. These are masterpieces, I know and accept that, but I don't want to accept where they are. Daerik just doesn't like drawing on paper. I guess it is more fun and permanent if you do it on any kind of furniture. Either that or he just likes seeing his mom scrub and scrub, swear, and scrub some more, trying to get it off. So, to replace all the other surfaces he has covered in his beautiful artwork, I have bought him a table and chair (more chairs to come). I thought maybe it would help curb his desires and appetites to color on anything if he had somewhere that he was allowed to color as much as he wanted.

I just bought an unfinished table and chairs. I sanded them down and put chalkboard paint on the top and painted the rest fire engine red. I LOVE it!! I think it turned out sooo good, even though I am bragging just a bit. I hope he likes it. I know I do.

2 comments:

janae said...

Now THAT was a really creative idea. I love it. I hope it curbs Daerik's desire to draw on your furniture!

Amy Lou said...

That is adorable. It turned out so great. Good job.