Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The Week in Review

We had a fun filled week last week. Daerik and I went to go visit my parents and Grandma for the week in sunny California. We took off in the plane just as snow started to fall and landed in nice 65' weather. I did not miss the snow at all!! The plane ride was, what can I say, adventurous. Flying alone with an 18 month old who is teething is not something I would choose to do often. Let me just say that it is over, and the return trip was much better. We had a blast last week! My mom and I took Daerik to the beach for his first time ever. At first he didn't like it and refused to let me put him down, but then when he realized that it was the biggest sand box he had ever seen, he didn't want to leave. We went walking on the beach with our feet in the waves, played in the sand, and collected sea shells. Why is the beach such a wonderous and spiritual place to be? I feel so much closer to my Heavenly Father when I go. It just reminds me how much He loves us to give us something so amazing and how little we really are in this world. I used to go here whenever I was down or having a hard time in life and would always leave uplifted. Sometimes after a few minutes, sometimes after a day. I could sit on the beach for weeks at a time without even thinking about food or real life. I miss it so much.

We also spent time with my Grandma, who has been having some health issues. It is hard not knowing how much time someone has in this world and you want to spend as much time with them as possible.

Though we had so much fun last week we were anxious to get home to life and my hubby.





Daerik and me at the beach.



I love bougainvilleas, they are so beautiful and bright.



Daerik on his traditional ride on the tractor with Papa.




I LOVE persimmons! I just had to put both these pictures in. I love that when all the leaves are gone the fruit still hangs in. They are a beautiful fruit, too. And wonderful dried!! Yummy!!

I found this cool BYU fabric at the store the other day and thought it would make some wonderful pants for Daerik. Since he is so tall and skinny, it is hard to find pants that fit him both width wise and length wise, so I have been trying out making his own pants. I think they turned out nice. I couldn't finish off the pants, though, without making a matching shirt. I think this outfit will be quite popular.

3 comments:

Amy Lou said...

love the BYU outfit! And I'm jealous about your trip to the beach. All the things you said about the beach....are things I have said multiple times. I have spent those days on the beach of which you speak. I have sat there when I'm down and felt uplifted by it's magic. I miss it too! Glad you had fun. Glad you are home safe.

Teacher Teacher! said...

I'm so jealous of your beach adventures! Pick me pick me! I want to come to the beach! Glad you had fun...miss all of you.
Leah

Partridge Family said...

I love the pictures! I am so excited to see you guys at the end of February. Our boys will be quite the boys together, it should be fun!!