I was reading a family members blog the other day and saw pictures of a hike they went on at Goblin Valley a few weeks ago. It looked really cool so Josh and I planned a trip to go camping there. We though D. would like it. This was his first camping trip so I was a bit nervous, but I was worried for no reason. He was great and loved it. We met some friends there who had gone earlier in the day and picked out a campsite. Unfortunately you need to make reservations to camp in the State Park and we didn't even think about that so we had to camp outside. Luckily they have camp sites outside. Anyway, to get to the campsite we had to drive 5 miles on a dirt road and 3.5 miles on a stream bed. Yes, a stream bed! Our car came out a little bit worse for the wear, but finally we found it. It was pretty fun.
The next day we went to Goblin Valley Park and played on the rock formations. You could be there every day and have so much fun. All I could think about was how much fun it would be to play paint ball or laser tag there. There are so many obstacles to hide behind. Anyway, it was really fun and nice to finally go somewhere within a few hours of our house and enjoy our beautiful state.











1 comment:
Hooray! I'm glad that you took a trip down there. Isn't it amazing!? Enjoy your date night tonight:)
-Emily
Post a Comment