Monday, January 4, 2010

This Morning

I woke up extra early this morning to go work out. This is the only time I can do it, if I can actually get up early enough, and since I didn't sleep a wink last night I had no problem waking up this morning. After my workout, I walked into the door to a wonderful greeting. Daerik, his bright smile, and even cheerier voice, was looking up at me saying "good morning, mommy!" He was standing on a chair in the kitchen, his hand in the dehydrator, full of half dehydrated apples, and cinnamon all over his mouth, and half chewed apples in his mouth. I looked around for Josh, no where. Still in bed, I presume. Yep. Usually when Daerik gets up he comes straight to our room to get us up and it is usually me that gets up. But since I wasn't there, Daerik probably gave up trying to get the rock up and came downstairs. The wonderful aroma of fresh apples slowly cooking with a spritz of cinnamon was probably too much for Daerik to pass up. How long he had been there, filling his little belly with these scrumptious morsels? I don't know. Only time will tell. I hope he doesn't have a belly ache later on.

No comments: