No, Daerik did not have a boxing match last night. This is what we woke up to this morning. And after his 3 1/2 hour nap. After having given up naps entirely, you can tell how terrible he is feeling that he will even take a nap at all, let alone a 3 1/2 hour one.I was standing in line at the pharmacy today looking at all the rows of medicine and was amazed at the amount of it. I was just in awe at the technology that we have now in and such a short amount of time. In "Bleak House" by Charles Dickens, there is this doctor that gives his "black liquid" to everyone, be they young or old, pregnant or not, etc. It was his miracle drug (even though it did more bad than good). But I wonder if it wasn't much different 100 years back. In just a short time we have learned so much and have so much medicine that can help us. Even medicine that we don't need, but helps make us feel better and more comfortable. No wonder we live longer now. I'm just glad we have it now and that my son can get rid of his double pink eye and cold.







2 comments:
Poor guy! I feel so bad for him! Atleast he took a nap, maybe too long of a nap, but took one. He probably needed the sleep.
Nana and Poppa Varney say hi and hope that he feels better too!
Pink eye is the worst! I'm so sorry. Merry Christmas though!
Post a Comment