Friday, December 4, 2009

I'M CRYING


The last few weeks Daerik has been taking 2 1/2 to 3 hour long naps. I was thinking to myself that this is a wonderful new development and I have reveled in the extra time that I have had to myself. You know, the ONLY personal time a mother can get. I have been able to do all sorts of things like clean, sew, cook. Even with these extra long naps, I have sometimes been able to do something that is a novelty, take a nap. Well, I didn't know that these three hour naps meant that Daerik was working himself up to no naps at all. If that were the case, I would have taken advantage of these naps more than I did.

Yesterday I put Daerik down for a nap only to have him screaming for me to get him up. Needless to say it was a l-o-n-g day. Today I thought we had made a deal. It was simple. The deal was that he would take a nap. I thought for sure that he would, since he was so tired yesterday from not sleeping, and, you know, he said he would. I was wrong. He played in his crib for a while before, once again, screaming for me to take him out.

I repeat, I am CRYING!! I am not ready for him to not take naps! What have you all done when your children stop sleeping to get some personal time? I guess I am just going to have to wake up at 5:00am. But usually when I do that I take a short nap when Daerik does. My world is turning up-side-down! I'm kidding. I just like to exaggerate a little sometimes, but really, I am upset. The looney bin is looming ever closer.

4 comments:

Coralee said...

I totally empathize! I LOVE nap time. Anthony stopping taking naps soon before he turned 3. To keep my sanity, we have moved up bedtime to between 6:30 or 7pm. So I have a couple hours in the evening to have "me" time. He will sleep (usually) until around 7 am, which I can handle. It is an adjustment...good luck!

Sarah said...

My kids stopped napping at the age of 2. The upside of this is that they started going to bed earlier.

Katie C said...

Aaaah! I am so sorry!

The Blohms said...

When Oliver stopped, I had "quiet time" Where he would lay down on the couch, in his bed where ever for an hour. He could look at books, watch a movie, play with a few toys whatever as long as he was quiet. I know easier said than done. It took some time to get used to but now quiet time is he best time of the day. For both of us. :) Good Luck!
P.s. We miss you!!