Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Sweet Garden Delicacies

So I have a lot of things in my garden, some of which I don't use often, namely, tomatillos. I love tomatillos and I used them a lot when I worked in a restaurant many years ago, but I just don't have any recipes for them other than salsa, until today. Kari made this recipe and gave it to me and I had to try it tonight. I think it worked out pretty well. I sunk my teeth into this meal and my tastebuds instantly went into overdrive and I just melted into my seat with pleasure. Josh did the same. It was sooooo easy and fast so I am giving it to you. Here is the recipe. I hope Kari doesn't mind that I'm giving it away.

Tomatillos
Cherry tomatoes (any kind)
Garlic, minced
Basil, fresh
Splash of olive oil
Splash of chicken broth
Ravioli's (or I used Pierogies-mashed potaotes and cheese folded into raviolli pasta)

Boil the Pierogies or ravioli's. Meanwhile, broil the tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, and garlic in olive oil for a few minutes until soft. When done, put the cherry and tomatillo mixture in a blender with some chicken broth and the fresh basil and blend.

Strain out water from ravioli's and add sauce. Enjoy. All of the tomatillos, cherry tomatoes, and basil were from my garden.

I don't know what it is about fresh things in your food but it makes it so much more wonderful!!! Tell me what you think if you try it. I'd love to know. I think I am going to use this same sauce as a chicken marinade. Oooo, I wish I wasn't full right now.

1 comment:

American Falls TaVaci said...

oooh, I'll take any extra tomatillos so I can try this! :)