I bought this vase a few months ago. I love it. I couldn't resist. The way the green melts into the red and shapes the vase into it's beautiful curves. It was even on sale. Not only on sale, but on sale of a sale from a sale. I needed to purchase it just because of that! Enough of the vase. I didn't start this post to brag about my new vase. I started this post to tell about my clepto son. Shortly after purchasing my vase, he discovered its true destiny, not a vase, but a hold anything and everything container. Since I bought this vase on a whim I do not yet have a place to put it so it sits nicely in the corner of my kitchen/dinning room. Every once in a while I will move it only to hear it jingle. I flip it upsidedown and pour it out. I have found cars, many cars, in this vase, pens, pencils, dinosaurs, etc. Whenever D is complaining about not having any cars, of which I can never find any, ever!, I go to my vase as a last resort. Up and over it goes only to reveal its hidden treasures, a car, another car, and yet another car. I have begun to think that they multiply in there. The next time D asks for a car, I'm gonna go straight to my vase and ask politely, "I'd like a red fire engine and police car, please." And I won't be surprised if I turn it over and find just those cars falling quietly out of my vase and into my outstretched hand.
Today D was playing with it once again and was trying to smash a large ball into it, which wouldn't fit. Later tonight as I noticed that instead of inside the vase the ball sat nicely in the little curve of the top of the vase, a makeshift lid. Josh picked it up and did what has become the normal routine of turning it upsidedown to get things out only to find that he not only had things falling out, but had to stick his whole hand inside to prod and pull and smash things out. What was in there you ask? Well, here is a list:
Car
Easter egg that has become a makeshift maraca
Two army men
One army man with string I swear I have never seen in my life strung to its arm
A flute from Chile
Two stuffed animals from two McDonald's Happy Meal's
A ball
Two dirty, red socks
A bag of fruit snacks, partially eaten, and hard
Little did I know when I purchased this vase that it was Marry Poppins long lost sister to her bag. I have had a hard day, but this made it worthwhile. D never ceases to make me laugh and surprise me with something else. When I think all of his surprises are over, he pulls yet another one out of the bag, or vase.
2 comments:
That is really funny! Little kids are awesome!!
I love how kids collect stuff. It's so funny to empty out my kids' pockets and discover what they've been carrying around.
PS, WHAT is a For Sale sign doing in front of your house? Are you moving??!!?!?!?
Post a Comment