Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Sunny California

Actually, it wasn't that sunny last week, it was rainy most of the time. I decided I needed a break so I hopped on a plane and flew to my parents house for a slightly long weekend, alone. Daerik stayed home with Josh and I got my first vacation in two years. It was wonderful!! The weather was beautiful (even rain in California is beautiful because it is warm and it is still green everywhere). I watched tons of movies, went shopping, watched more movies, played with my mom and sister, sat outside (the one day it was sunny) all morning, and hung out with my Aunt and grandma and had facials. What more can you ask for a rest vacation? I just can't get over how beautiful it is at my parents house. The backyard was full of waist high weeds (though I call them flowers because they are colorful and beautiful) and the hills just roll off into the background. The front yard is full of persimmon trees (now brown but green and orange when in bloom) and not one house in sight. Ooooo!!!! Anyway, it was nice to get away and just relax. I surely missed home but having no responsibility is nice every once in a while. Here's some pictures so you can enjoy just like me.



Just a pretty blossom.




From the front porch.






From the back porch.

5 comments:

janae said...

So beautiful! What a nice break for you. I can't even imagine ...

Amy Lou said...

That looks so beautiful and relaxing....aaahhhh....what would that be like.

Jessica said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! What a great place for a house. That is not what I picture when I think of California!

Reggs said...

YAH! I am glad you got a little vacation in there. Did you get to pick some avocados?
I think mom's need to do this: go home and get to be the kid once in awhile!

THE CHASE FAMILY said...

Now I know where to go the next time I'm in Santa Cruz! I remember when Dave visited Cali for the first time in March, and he couldn't believe that he could go running outside or that everything was in full bloom and GREEN! Oh, how I miss it! I'm still waiting for my "first vacation". Maybe at year 5!