Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Locked out, again.

We had quite the experience tonight. I think it is awfully funny that just today I read on a friends blog of her experience of being locked out of her house for 5 hours and then the same night, what happens to us? We get locked out. Josh and I went into the garage to put sealant on one of my pictures and he locks the door, unbeknownst to me, and I promptly shut the door so the fumes don't get into the house. Well, we spray the picture and then turn around to go inside. Needless to say, we didn't get in. This would normally be funny, but our 1 year old son is sleeping inside, and we are locked outside. The phones are inside so we go around to several neighbors to borrow a phone only to find that they are all asleep, but finally find someone that's up. Thanks a bunch Permann's! I sit in our car while Josh is finding a lock smith. It is surprisingly cold outside. Well, to make things even more funny, I am sitting in the car wondering what is taking Josh so long to get back. I think to myself, "I bet he is calling everyone around and price matching." I just want to get back inside, make sure my son is okay, and snuggle up in my warm bed and dose off to dreamland. I would have paid $5 more to get there sooner. Well, needless to say we did get a lock smith and made it back, and Daerik was still sleeping soundly, oblivious to our experience. I asked Josh what took him so long, guess what it was, yes, he was calling several different people trying to find the cheapest. We are way too stingy on some things. Some times you just need to pay the price and get on with it. That's what happens, I guess, when two married people are both into finance.

3 comments:

Cristi said...

Are you serious?! I read your title and had nightmares of my own experience of being locked out! Ha ha! So funny you just read about it on my blog TODAY! I'm glad everything was okay and your baby was fine! And another funny coincidence - it was the Permanns that bailed you out! Yay for Rock and Whit!

Amy Lou said...

Oh my goodness....what a scary thing. I would have paniced. We are up very late...if you came to the door...sorry we didn't hear you. Parker was probably throwing his late night tantrum and I didn't hear the door.
I'm glad Permann's were up and saved you.

Partridge Family said...

That is so funny!!! Varney's make me laugh. You know I suffer through no a/c all day just to save a few $. I have to ask myself, is it worth it? I'm glad that Derrick was asleep and not crying, that would have made that experience miserable!
Thanks for the good laugh.