Today was Daerik's 1st birthday. We were really excited to see what he'd do with his chocolate cake. "Mom is great, she feeds us chocolate cake." I think that comes from The Cosby Show, anyway, we think it is funny. Since he is my little monkey I made him a monkey cake. It turned out, well, sort of, interesting, but Daerik didn't mind. It took him a while to know what to do with it once we put it in front of him. He just looked at it and tried to get out of his chair. He finally took a few bites once we put some in his mouth for him. It was fun. He then opened his presents and had a blast with them. I think he liked the wrapping paper just as much as the gifts themselves. I think we parents could save a lot of money just giving our kids wrapping paper and boxes for birthdays. They like them just as much. He had a lot of fun playing with his new toys until bedtime.

It turned out interesting. I guess it is good for my first cake other than round and one color frosting.









4 comments:
Happy Birthday Daerik! The cake looks great Rebecca. You are a wonderful mommy.
So fun! Happy Birthday Daerik!!!
Parker cried and wanted out of his chair too when we put his cake in front of him for the first time. And I had a room full of people and people watching over the computer....it was lovely.
I'm glad he had a good day.
We had fun last night!
Yay! Happy birthday Daerik!! You guys are so cute! And good job on the cake Rebeccer :)
Your cake turned out so cute, good job! Happy Birthday Daerik! I can't believe he is 1 already.
Post a Comment