I think Daerik is making up for his months of hating to be on his stomach now. The other day I went to check on him during his nap and he was on his tummy with his hands tucked under his belly. It was so cute. We know which parent he gets that from. Well, he can't sleep now unless he is on his tummy. Sometimes we will go in to check on him and see him in the funniest positions. Here are a few.


So, Daerik has decided that walls and wood taste great. They must be his chocolate, fudge brownie sundae, with whip cream and a cherry on top because he eats them all the time. Yesterday, he went on three time-outs within 30 minutes because he had eaten a hole on the window-sill all the way to the metal casing. EUGH! Is my kid normal? The neighborhood has now nicknamed him "The Beaver". I think it suits him well, except for when we are at home and he constantly holds onto my legs, at which time I call him my monkey.
I taught about developing talents on Sunday so I thought it would be a good idea to pick up one of my talents to practice and work on it for show-and-tell. It's been several years since I've even touched a piece of charcoal, so I didn't know how it would turn out, but I think it was a success.
5 comments:
Rebecca, you are an amazing artist! I love that you have joined the blogging world. And don't worry, we all write about the same lame, wonderful, absolutely fascinating boring stuff too!
That picture is incredible. Oh my goodness....I need to hire you to do one of Parker James.
That first picture of him at the top of the post....is he really asleep like that folded up? That is hilarious. It doesn't look one bit comfortable. What a funny dude.
he's getting so big... but ive noticed in the last 2.5 months that it happens so fast with every kid!! hes a cutie, and you are one talented charcoal-ist!
Okay, I totally thought that drawing was a black and white picture at first! You are so talented!!
And those pictures of your boy in weird sleeping positions was the BEST. I always wonder if they wake up with cramps like we do from sleeping weird.
The drawing is beautiful. I didn't know you could draw like that!!
I was very happy to see that Derrick falls asleep face planted while in a semi-sitting position. It gave me a peace of mind about Ethan because that is the only was he sleeps!! How uncomfortable.
Post a Comment