We are going to have a delivery soon.
After much coaxing from Josh this past year I finally decided to relent. J/K. No really, Josh has been more ready for this longer than I have, but now that this is real I am just as excited as he is. I think the decision to have another child is more difficult to the one that actually has to stay home with them 24/7, but we feel this is the right thing for our little family and are excited for it to grow a little bigger. Daerik is excited to have a little playmate and we are anxious to see what a blessing two children can be. This one was a little surprise to us, though. I usually know within a week of being pregnant that I am expecting, but this little one decided to sneek up on me and I didn't know until I was about 5 weeks along. I still had the symptoms early enough, I just always attributed it to something else. I never even once thought I was pregnant until I was laying in bed one night and put all the pieces together. That night I decided to check it out the next morning and after 3 pregnancy tests I finally believed it. Well, after I knew it is as if the knowledge of it made things worse. My nauseousness went through the roof, I had absolutely no energy to do anything, and, let's face it, I wasn't the funnest person to be around. I am still having the bad nauseousness and am really tired but most everything else is starting to abate. Hopefully the nauseousness will go away soon too.
So, information. I am now about 10 weeks into the pregnancy and am due on March 8, 2011. We are really excited and can't wait to make a new nursery, although most will just have to wait until we find out what the little one will be.
Today I had an appointment with my doctor and we heard a good, strong heartbeat, which gives me courage that things will work out for this little one, even with all of the things it had to go through this past week. We are praying that this baby is strong and fights hard to come and stay here. We'll keep you posted when we know more information about how it is doing. Since this will be a high risk pregnancy now, I think the baby will get the special treatment and extra coddling. Let's hope he/she doesn't get too spoiled, huh?







4 comments:
Congrats! Glad to hear that you are doing better. Hope the morning nauseousness goes away soon!
Hooray! How exciting!
Congrats congrats!!! Let me know when you are abt 15 wks...we can take a peek to see what the little peanut is if you guys didnt want to wait until your 20 wk ultrasound!!
Congratulations Rebecca! I'm so happy for you.
Post a Comment