I took D. to the Zoo for the first time a few weeks ago. I know, it has taken a while to get this posted. I wanted to go before school got out so there were not so many crowds. I thought I was being smart, but I got there and it hit me. School has nothing to do the last week, so what do they do? FIELD TRIPS! I think just about every school in the state was there that day. It would have actually been better to go after school ended. There were kids running all over the place and screaming, pushing, etc.. It was so loud, but we had a blast anyway.
I brought the stroller to push D. around but he didn't like to be pushed. He doesn't usually, he likes to push. So we walked and he pushed the stroller for three hours! Up hills and through buildings, he actually did quite well. It was nice for me, too, because when we left he didn't even make it out of the parking lot before he was completely out. We got ice cream cones before we left for a special treat. He still had his in the car. When I pulled out of the Zoo I looked back at him and his head was down and his hand holding the ice cream was slowly sinking, dripping the melted ice cream all over the seat. It was sooo cute. Luckily I caught it before it did much damage. Needless to say, he had a blast! He especially loved the snakes and peacocks that were just walking around (well, not the snakes, luckily).












No comments:
Post a Comment