Saturday, October 3, 2009

Por Fin!!!




I've been praying for a Temple in Concepcion since I went there on my mission. The people there are so amazing and are wonderful people and a Temple would be great for them. So far the closest Temple to Concepcion is Santiago, a short flight, long drive, or even longer bus ride. It is a several day excursion for most of the people there. A Temple in that area would bless them so much.

Today as I sat watching General Conference and President Monson announced that the church is building five more temples, I clapped my hands together and whispered a hopeful wish. Just one word, "Concepcion?" First Brigham City, Utah, then Concepcion, Chile. I didn't hear the rest of the temples because I was shouting for joy. I have a special part in my heart for Chile and the people that I met and lived with there and have always wanted them to be blessed like I am and to have a Temple near by. I hope that the Temple building can go smoothly and quickly and the people there can soon have a Temple within a short drive to them, and be able to go often. I think a Temple in that area can help the members and non-members so much in so many ways. I am so grateful for inspired Prophets that know the need of Temples all around the world. I am grateful for the members all over and their contributions to be able to bring these wonderful edifices everywhere so everyone can partake of the wonderful blessings there. I can't wait for it to be done. And some day I hope to be able to return and visit once again, and this time see the people I love in the most sacred place on Earth, a Temple of God.

No comments: