
I have a problem. Do you see the above picture? Yes, it is Quaker Oatmeal. Oatmeal is very healthy for you, especially the plain kind. It has more than 3 grams of fiber per serving and is low on calories. So what is my problem, you ask? Daerik. This is the only, yes, ONLY thing he will eat. Sometimes not even that. Add food to the oatmeal to get more nutrition and variety? No way!! It just lands on the floor in my carpeted dining room. He didn't even eat a Lion House Orange roll today? Honestly, sometimes I don't know what universe this boy came from.
Now for my appeal: What do you moms feed your kids? How do you get them to eat? What do you do when the food lands on the floor and stains the carpet? Do you have some miracle protection sheet? Do you have some miracle chef that knows what to fee a 1 1/2 year old picky boy? Then what are you doing still reading this, send them to me!! I will do anything!! Even ketchup isn't working anymore.
I promise if you give me an idea of food and it works I will bake you something really good!! I am a good baker, trust me. Just ask Josh.
I'm not complaining, though it may sound like it, I am just plain desperate. I know Daerik is not getting the nutrients he needs. I know kids go through days when they don't eat anything, but are weeks on end really okay? Short of giving this kid an I.V. nothing has worked.
Ideas
Comments
Help
Recipes
Self help books for the insane mother
Whatever...I'll take them. Thanks a bunch. Can't you just smell that something baking from the oven that can make it into your hands and make your mouth water? All you need to do is give me an idea that works. It's that easy!!







6 comments:
Rebecca- I so feel your pain. Oatmeal is really the only thing George eats really well too. Something that helps him quite a bit is if he gets to dip- dip pancakes in syrup, or other foods in Ranch dressing, ketchup etc. He loves juice and milk and will carry his cup around the house with him. He also likes rice- usually. Hopefully this is just a stage that Daerik is going through... Some days I'm just happy that George gets something down so at least he doesn't starve :)
Okay, I will tell you what I did with full knowledge that everyone else who reads this may think I am a horrible person.
I let Piper starve.
I would put the food in front of her, and she would cry and cry and throw a tantrum...and then I would take it away, put her in pajamas and put her to bed. Hungry. By day three, she learned that if she didn't eat, she would be hungry. Voila! It worked.
I did that because my friend told me, "It is your job to feed them. It is their job to eat." I am really glad I did that because I didn't want to be a mom who had kids who would only eat chicken nuggets and waffles. Now I have girls who eat everything I eat! It was worth the 3 days of hell.
Anyway, feel free to ignore that if you feel it is just too inhumane! Good luck!
My cousin feeds her daughter (who is the same age as Daerik) pedialite drinks because she doesnt eat enough and it helpe her get the nutrients she needs. I'd suggest that, but otherwise, Im not there yet... if you get any responses that work, let me know!! Good luck!
No suggestions except to say:
Been there.
Done that.
Freaked out.
Tried everything.
Failed miserably.
She outgrew it.
So if nothing works, I swear on my life that the stage will pass!!
Ha Ha--just wait until he's a teenager and you're wondering how you are going to feed a bottomless pit!! I think about the days my three boys will be older...and cringe at my possible grocery bill.
I've never had this problem as bad as you (I can't imagine!!) but I think all of these suggestions make sense. Once I had a friend tell me to let them make a mess of their food and that worked a little for Braden when he was that age...but you've probably tried that...
I would also venture to say that if he isn't HUNGRY than maybe he doesn't need a lot of food right now. My kids gorge when they are going through a growth spurt and eat like birds when their not. But if he IS hungry and all he'll eat is oatmeal, you're right, that's just downright maddening! Good luck :)
ouch, I just noticed all my grammatical errors. Why won't blogger let you edit your comments???? :)
Post a Comment